We all need inspiration sometimes!
Our best practices newsletter offers writing and photography tips for utility communicators and freelance writers.
Winter 2019 Issue (download as PDF):
- Sarah Johnson, Communicator of the Year: Get inspired by one of your peers.
- Storytellers Should Get Close and Be Curious: To help readers care about your story, take time to develop trust with your subject.
- Four Ways to Build Relationships with Subjects: Read this before your next interview!
- Story Starters: Does your first paragraph entice readers? Learn how to craft useful and engaging ledes.
- Readership Survey Results: Results are in and our redesign begins.
- Haiku Story Snapshot: Freelancer Kathy Ursprung shares how poetry helps her focus a story.
Have a story idea for our next issue? Want to share your writing or photography best practices with utility communicators? Contact email@example.com.