Trying to research efficiency or renewable energy? Prepare for browser overload. Consumers are flooded with resources, both online and in the community. Luckily, public power utilities offer more than opinions. We deliver expertise.
This key message—how utilities and consumers team up to share their expertise to benefit the community—lies at the heart of the third batch of More Powerful Together materials.
Today we’re unveiling three new #MorePowerfulTogether headlines focused on the Expert message:
- MORE than power. A connection. Are new families moving to your area? This testimonial shares the power of joining a public power utility.
- MORE than opinions. Expertise. We all have questions we would rather consumers ask us, not the internet. Customize this text to direct consumers to your local experts.
- MORE than one voice. Many. This headline tackles tree trimming in a new way. We showcase the importance of the consumer voices and local expertise to help the utility prevent outages.
What is More Powerful Together?
The #MorePowerfulTogether tools focus on 4 research-based themes:
- Local: Messages Focus on Local Value at #2017NIC
- Innovative: Ruralite Releases Second Set of Engagement Tools: Innovative
- Expert: Available NOW!
- Driven: Coming July 2018
With bright colors, clear messages, and a strong consumer voice, the content aims to reach 21st-century consumers, especially younger generations. All materials can be easily customized and delivered across print and digital channels.
Although we’re releasing new tools today, we still encourage you to use past resources, too. The messages are timeless.
How it Works
Materials are available at the More Powerful Together website. The password will be provided to Ruralite Services members in a separate email from CEO Mike Shepard. Watch for it!
Every utility is unique, so for each theme we provide several key messages and supporting copy. Choose the messages that best meet your needs. Customize from there.
Materials are available in several formats, including:
- Staff news article New!
- Internal poster New!
- Short videos New!
- Print ads (four sizes)
- Social media messages
- Website content
- Pop-up banner art
- Radio/On-hold scripts
- Annual meeting speech
- Annual Meeting Support Materials (banner art, shirt art, buttons)
Using a local photo in place of what is provided in the template, is important. Images of people in your community will resonate with your member/consumers. That’s why we provide layered PDFs and InDesign files for the artwork.
More materials roll out every 3 months. Expect the next set in July.
Want to see how your peers are using the tools?
Let Us Help!
Need help customizing the content or ordering supplies? Let us know. With a team of designers, photographers and editors, Ruralite can help you further customize and get the most out of this initiative. It is our goal to help you engage your member/consumers as we work together to show how we are #MorePowerfulTogether.