Job TypeFull-time, Salaried/Exempt (where permitted by state law)
Salary$37,500.00 to $40,000.00 per year
Pioneer Utility Resources, Inc. is a cooperatively owned marketing and communications agency with both deep roots and entrepreneurial style. We’ve been delivering innovative communication solutions to consumer-owned utilities and broadband providers since 1954 but have expanded to a national footprint by means of both organic growth and multiple acquisitions. Now, this Northwest-born, not-for-profit cooperative and its four wholly owned subsidiaries provide a range of marcom services including magazine production, website development, social media, content marketing, energy industry reporting, energy efficiency program management, and direct installation of energy efficiency products.
More than anything, with this position we are looking for a problem solver who can help us develop processes, improve systems and be persistent to get a project done when there may not always be a clear path forward. In essence, as we continue to integrate our teams and operations following two acquisitions in 2020, and in the context of continued rapid growth, Pioneer is looking for someone with a pioneer spirit to help us blaze new trails.
We’re looking for an experienced sales administrator with top-notch skills in moving deals through the pipeline. The position will involve defining and utilizing efficient processes for contracting new business and transferring it to the appropriate implementation staff, facilitating maximum effectiveness on the part of our business development team.
This full-time position will work remotely in support of our Member Solutions team (which is spread across multiple states). If residing near one of our offices (Rainsville, AL or Hillsboro, OR), in-office work may be available as well for someone not wishing to work remotely. Living within 150 miles of Chattanooga, Tennessee or Rockport, Texas is a plus, but not required.
This position reports to the SVP Member Solutions.
- To provide administrative support to the Member Solutions team as they propose and land contracts to provide marketing and communications services to our client/member base.
- To optimize the efficiency and team-wide adoption of sales/contracting processes.
- To help maintain and update the sales funnel and contacts in our database.
- To ensure proposals, contracts and master services agreements are communicated and completed in a way that guarantees client satisfaction and accurate downstream accounting and account management.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and maintains workflows and automations, utilizing company CRM systems (SharpSpring and Quickbase) to optimize sales processes.
- Trains the Member Solutions team and other colleagues on key CRM systems and sales processes.
- Leverages systems to supply leadership with reports on the sales funnel.
- Understands contractual elements of key product offerings and supports the maintenance of one-sheets on each key product.
- Coordinates with the CFO to establish and refine contracting Ts&Cs for each key product.
- Facilitates dialog with appropriate parties on any client-requested adjustments to standard contractual language.
- Collaborates with operational leaders in various departments to ensure transition of new contracts and clients into successful fulfillment.
- Maintains system and automations for lead generation forms.
- Maintains and updates sales funnel and contacts in SharpSpring and Quickbase
- Works with other teams on developing and executing client retention program including gifts fulfillment, customer satisfaction survey automations,
- Takes notes at team meetings and helps document sales processes.
- Uses established checklists to review proposals as the last person to see documents before they are sent to the clients for signature.
- Other duties as requested.
- Reports to: SVP Member Solutions
- Directs: none
- Supports: entire Member Solutions team, CEO, CFO
- Other: collaborates as needed with all operational departments’ leaders and employees to ensure clarity of contracts and appropriate fulfillment
- Customers: May interact with customers while providing assistance with completion of contracting.
- Note: this position does not require direct sales efforts or cold calling and is not associated with a commissions plan.
- Suppliers: Will collaborate with software suppliers, including possibly managing support tickets to resolve issues or optimize configuration.
- Travel: The person in this position will likely be invited to 1-3 offsite conferences or events each year.
- Others: As needed
A. Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business administration. Experience may be substituted for higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer programs, including the Microsoft and Google productivity suites and common CRM applications such as SharpSpring, Salesforce.com, Monday.com and/or QuickBase.
- Data entry accuracy with typing speed above 50 wpm strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving, data analysis and critical thinking skills required.
- Experience implementing CRMs and sales workflows strongly preferred.
B. Previous Experience: five years in a position that demonstrates the skills listed above.
V. OTHER NOTES
- Compensation dependent upon experience, geography and skills match.
- Benefits include a very strong 401k match and excellent health insurance, forming a leading-edge total compensation package.
- Pioneer Utility Resources, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Pioneer, together with its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, uniformed services status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. No application will be rejected as a result of a disability that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of the essential job duties.
Job Related Qualifications
- Sales administration: 5 years (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- Sales administration: 5 years (Required)
- CRM (ideally SharpSpring): 3 years (Required)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance