Are you ready for a new mission? Does magazine journalism that informs, delights, and makes a positive difference sound appealing? If so, Pioneer Utility Resources could be a good fit.
Who are we? Pioneer is a thriving communications cooperative now serving 700,000 households across the U.S. We are seeking an experienced full- or part-time editor to join the team.
Pioneer, headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon, is a national leader in community-owned utility communications. As we elevate the quality of our journalism and grow our communication offerings, we are seeking an energetic and experienced editor who is versatile, relational and a team player. You love editing and storytelling and won’t break a sweat designing pages. You love serving others and forming lasting partnerships.
The pay and benefits are competitive, and the company, which is a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative, is growing rapidly. Pioneer is an equal-opportunity employer. To apply, send resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com and use Assistant Editor in the subject line. Deadline to apply is June 18.
Assistant Editor Job Requirements:
- A passion for editing. You live to make the work of others shine.
- Expert grammar skills.
- A joy for writing and ability to make topics clear and compelling.
- Thoughtful decision-making as you make choices about the story play, photos and more.
- InDesign capability to help us deliver on the promise of a compelling visual experience.
- Ability to work exceedingly well with others. You happily share the load.
- Comfort editing, designing, proofing and guiding production of multiple monthly magazines.
- Meeting deadline and finishing what you start.
- Problem-solving, troubleshooting and excelling under pressure. You enjoy puzzles.
- Strong customer-service skills.
- Sense of humor.
- Proficiency with digital and social-media tools.
- Multimedia skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Thank you for considering Pioneer Utility Resources in your job search. PUR is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, uniformed services status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. No application will be rejected as a result of a disability that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of the essential job duties. Any person requiring special accommodation should contact Matthew Pierce to assist in arrangements.