Is print dead? Is innovation an afterthought? Are the economic walls crashing in? Not at Pioneer Utility Resources, a thriving communications cooperative in suburban Portland, Oregon.
A national leader in public utility communications, Pioneer just added 200,000 households to its magazine mix. Our small but mighty team will soon serve more than a million and half readers across the U.S.
As we elevate our magazine journalism and grow our offerings, we’re seeking an energetic editor, near the starting gate of their career, to join the fun. If you are versatile, relational and a team player—you love copy editing, have multimedia sensibilities and know your way around InDesign—let’s talk.
The pay and benefits are competitive, offering a chance for the right person to grow and prosper. Pioneer is an equal-opportunity employer. To apply, send resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com and use Associate Editor in the subject line. The deadline is Nov. 27.
- A passion for copy editing and improving content. Expert grammar skills are a must.
- Demonstrate strong editing skills and judgment as you make choices about the story play, photos and more.
- We’re launching a major redesign. You will help us deliver on the promise.
- Ability to work exceedingly well with others. This is a relationship position.
- To edit, design, proof and guide production of multiple monthly magazines.
- Meet production deadlines, finish what you start, and manage multiple projects. If you can only work one thing at a time, this job is not for you.
- Ability to thrive as part of a team and share the load.
- Problem-solving, troubleshooting and exceling under pressure. You like puzzles.
- Strong customer-service skills and dedication to consumer-owned utility mission.
- Sense of humor.
- Partnering with editorial and marketing to develop content and stories that bring value to our customers. You make sure customers know about and utilize the array of services we provide.
- Show proficiency with Web and mobile content management systems.
- Show proficiency with digital and social-media tools. Photo skills are a plus.
Thank you for considering Pioneer Utility Resources in your job search. PUR is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, uniformed services status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. No application will be rejected as a result of a disability that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of the essential job duties. Any person requiring special accommodation should contract Matthew Pierce to assist in arrangements.