COVID-19 Support for Utility Pioneers
We’ve written several articles on how people can cope with the pandemic, including:
- Remote Reporting Tips from NewsData
- Photography in the time of COVID-19
- How to Lead Meetings from a Distance
- Seven Ways to Keep Up Day-to-Day Communications in a Time of Crisis
- Online Collaboration Tools
- Use Positive Posts to Stay Connected
- Teleworking Myths
- How to Prepare for a Pandemic
Lobby Floor Signs
Our friends at Victory Electric Cooperative, Kansas, created floor signs to encourage social distancing when lobbies reopen. They provided them–in English and Spanish–for all of our members.
As part of our More Powerful Together consumer education campaign, we drafted a leadership editorial to share how your utility is responding to COVID-19. We’re making it available to everyone, not just our members, because now more than ever we need to share resources and come together as a public power family.
COVID-19 Leadership Editorial
As part of Pioneer and NWPPA's More Powerful Together consumer education campaign, we drafted this leadership editorial to explain how your utility is responding to COVID-19.
Social Media Graphics
We created batches of social media post templates and graphics to help you spread the word on utility prevention measures.
Covid-19 Social Media Graphics
Covid-19 is changing the way utilities do business. As your communications co-op, we want to help. Here are ten new social media graphics--including some layered Photoshop files--to help you share utility prevention measures.
Preparing for a Pandemic Social Media Kit
As your communications co-op, we’re here to help. We hope COVID-19 gets stamped out quickly, but we want to prepare for the worst. Here are several social media post templates and seven graphics to help you spread the word on utility prevention measures. We also have a leadership editorial and a second set of graphics available on our COVID-19 resource page.
Office Monitor Graphics
To help you remind staff to practice good hygiene in the workplace, here are a set of six images you can post on your office monitors or print and place around your office. Thanks to #UtilityPioneer Lorri Freeman at Singing River Electric co-op for the suggestion!
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security offers a guide for responding to a hurricane during the pandemic, including a communications and engagement checklist.
- The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association offers Covid-19 guidance for electric cooperatives.
- The American Public Power Association has webinars for members responding to Covid-19.
- ARC Media developed a set of more than one hundred free social media graphics and sample posts.
- WordSouth developed a Covid-19 Resource Kit to communicate with members.
- Iconfinder offers a free set of 300 vector Covid-19 icons.
Community Health Tips
We recommend following the preventative guidance provided by the CDC.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Many health professionals say the spread can be slowed by practicing “social distancing.” Read more (via The Washington Post)
If there are other ways Pioneer can help support you with pandemic prevention communications or other tools, please let us know. We may be apart, but we’ll get through this, together.