Energy marketing efforts rely on shareable resources, especially when target audiences include utility staff and consumers across two states. Hoosier Energy, a G&T serving 18 electric distribution cooperatives in Indiana and Illinois, partnered with Pioneer’s Powerful web team to create WhyElectrify.com, a resource library and energy advocate platform.
“We are excited to launch such a dynamic, member-focused website,” says Blake Kleaving, manager of energy management solutions at Hoosier Energy.
The website delivers a mix of efficiency resources for residential, agriculture and commercial co-op members and the co-op community at large. The website helps members:
- Understand Hoosier Energy energy generation and renewable energy goals.
- Balance electric vehicle charging options and benefits with parking constraints and commute drawbacks through a content integration with Choose EV.
- See how cooperatives make a difference.
- Learn about Beneficial Electrification.
- Schedule farm energy audits and dig into national agriculture efficiency research.
- Explore environmental stewardship with links to Energy Kids, Science Buddies, Science Fair Projects and more.
“Why Electrify and its educational resources add to our member cooperatives’ reputation as trusted energy partners in their communities,” explains Blake. “The website provides an opportunity for member-consumers to learn, interact and grow with their local electric cooperative as we move into the next frontier of energy.”
Design features include:
- A video background on the homepage cycles through a set of 10 clips on energy generation and technology.
- Data visualization and micro animations break walls of words about Hoosier Energy generation overview and co-op facts to deliver more engaging content.
- The Resource Directory App showcases Hoosier Energy’s membership, driving engaged members to local rebates and utility experts.